Friday, April 9, 2010

Swimming Pool is done





As promised, here is my finished piece called “Swimming Pool”

It appealed to me because of the colours and the striking composition.
Thanks to the photographer who took the source photo, much as I would love to take credit for the composition.
I fancied painting a swimming pool because of the pool I did in my painting called Leap of Faith – below.


I just loved the contrast of the turquoise blue versus the blue of the sky.
Both blues seem to enhance each other and I feel that the swimming pool painting explores this further in itself – seeing as there is no sky.
The deeper blue of the shadows creates a lovely contrast with the light blue of the sunlit water, this theme is followed through with the contrast of the brilliant sunlit paving against the shadows formed by the cracks.

I am going to put this painting up for sale.
It will be my first because the piggy paintings already have a buyer so I am holding those back.

3 comments:

  1. wow, i am really impressed with the swimming pool, it looks like an impresionist painting!!!! congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joaquin, I do tend towards impressionism as it is my favourite style.
    Glad you like it.
    Have you started playing guitar again yet???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Karen ... when you're good you're good.

    ReplyDelete