Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Painting Up a Storm


The urge to create became all too powerful today so I took the day off work and spent the entire day in the studio.
It has been pushing me towards such a day for a while now, every day after my allotted one or two hours I allow myself to paint I pack it in with regret, irritated that I have to wait until the next day before I can have another go.
It reminds me of what my astrologer Dawie said earlier this year – that I would become obsessed with painting to the exclusion of everything else. I even forewent my daily run today.
Maybe I am subconsciously trying to fulfil Dawie’s prophesy, or maybe it’s because I have an exhibition coming up on Sunday and I want to have something to show for it.
So I am seven hours billing time poorer – but I have one finished painting and another two almost done!


I am running out of canvases – Aisch!
The stack of rejects is piling up – I am running out of places to put them all – but luckily I can go over old stuff and make it into something new.
The Mind Emerging Mark 2 was a rejected experiment before I painted it over.

The strelitzia painting is a follow up of my earlier strelitzia painting – this one I finished last week but am only posting it now.

Hmm –maybe I shall take a photo of my studio – the creative frenzy has left it in quite a mess!

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a picture of your studio! I personally am a very neat person, but always love it when chaos stops by to visit.

    The first painting is really spectacular. Good luck with your exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel. I will make a plan today to take a pic of my studio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you have become such a prolific artist, it would be very interesting to see that pic of your studio, i love artistic chaos!!! good luck with your exhibition!!! Joaquin

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the process K, am looking forward to seeing your new work this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely my friend! When will you be getting inspiration for my mother and baby painting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tertia - whenever you are ready to look at pictures with me.
    Have you even considered it to be a self portrait?

    ReplyDelete